Welcome Everyone.

Welcome to News From Italy, my blog about our Italian Adventure. Although this blog has now ceased publication I will be continuing to blog and I am sincerely hoping that my many followers here will move with me to Travel Tales blog to follow my next adventures wherever they may take me. The links to my other blogs are:-


I look forward to keeping in touch with you via them, thanks once again for all the support you have given 'News From Italy' over the years.

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Postbox update


Italian Postbox
Originally uploaded by se_kwien


http://lindyloumac.blogspot.com/2009/10/saga-of-postbox.html

Sorry but I have only just realised that the update I promised was never blogged.

What a surprise we had just five days after my last post on the situation to get up one morning and find the postbox had gone. Moved back to its original position by the main owners of the land it is positioned on, early that morning before we were even awake.

The argument rumbles on though as the cousin was far from happy and had ignored the fact that action would be taken if he did not restore the postbox back to its original position himself!
Well he didn’t so it was done for him, so disgusted was he that he called the carabineri out, yes to complain about his own cousin! Anyway they were far from interested when they realised that the post office were involved and that they had stated emphatically that the postbox could not stay where the objecting cousin had placed it.

It seems to be stalemate at present.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, such goings on!!! And I thought all was serene and peaceful there!! xxxM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda and David , nice to read about your activities and how things are progressing . I have been busy with pruning , and general tidying up, the fir trees drop branches and cones ,so that is time consuming , the other flower beds need attention too . the good thing is that the spring bulbs are blooming very early , and clematis Japonica across the front of the house is in bloom , too I enjoy reading the book reviews and make notes so i can look for them . Congratulations , it has been a labour of love you have spent on your renovations of the house , hard work ! best wishes , Joyce .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to hear from you Joyce. I have sent you an e-mail this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it and enjoy reading them all. I now only respond to comments via email, so please make sure your comment is linked to your account, if you would like a response. Otherwise I will not be able to respond!