Welcome Everyone.

Welcome to News From Italy, my blog about our Italian Adventure. Although this blog has now ceased publication I will be continuing to blog and I am sincerely hoping that my many followers here will move with me to Travel Tales blog to follow my next adventures wherever they may take me. The links to my other blogs are:-


I look forward to keeping in touch with you via them, thanks once again for all the support you have given 'News From Italy' over the years.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Neve – Snow

 

Although much of north west Italy has already experienced heavy snowfalls over the last few days and the forecast is for snow in Lazio it was still a surprise to wake to a white landscape this morning! 

We were expecting snow yesterday afternoon, it certainly felt like there was snow in the air, but it never arrived, then we were woken by heavy rain in the night.

These views were therefore not what we expected to see when we got up this morning!  As you can see not very much has fallen here by the lake, it is very wet snow and is already melting quickly. 

 

The forecast is for the weather to stay cold here with more snow on its way so maybe there will be more photos. The rest of the photos I took this morning may also be viewed in My Flickr Album Let It Snow!

More information about our weather can be found on our local forecast site. Meteo Marta.it

Copyright All rights reserved by LindyLouMac Photo Collection

If you enjoyed these do look out for some very different snow photos which I will be sharing soon  on Travel Tales and LindyLouMac's World in Photos of our trip to Wengen in Switzerland where we spent Christmas and New Year.

25 comments:

  1. ciao! I would like to take some photos like yours, but here snow is in our dreams!
    Greetings from Apulia
    http://teacherfromapulia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so lovely, but I'd rather be warm in sunny SA right now, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's like a winter-wonderland Lindy .... Just light and pretty

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! Hard to believe you have snow and we here don't! This has been the best winter ever! We are having great mild temperatures around 0C to 10C, when the normal for this time of the year is -20C. We had snow only for two days and for the rest of the time rain or sunshine. The plants are going to be all confused!!
    Hope you had a great vacation and a good trip back home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bit of a shock to wake up to I should think, but I'm sure you're glad to be home nontheless.
    Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're still waiting to wake up to snow here in VA where I live. It's been an unusually warm winter. As long as it stays warm, I don't miss the snow. If it's cold, then I want it to snow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and I think we will not see any at all as it is getting in the high 60's in the afternoons here. It does save on heating bills.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like Italy is getting just as much snow as Montreal these days! We've had unseasonably warm weather and very little snow this winter so far, but Canadians aren't complaining except skiers and kids who want to play with the snow.
    By the way, I have a new blog out that connects more with my Italian roots.
    http://essentiallyitalian.blogspot.com
    Enjoy the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooohh, pretty. Looking forward to your Switzerland pics, too. Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a strange world we live in. Very cold weather in Europe and lots of snow, yet here in Canada we are enjoying the warmest winter ever. We have had hardly any snow and only one week that was really cold so far this year.

    Your pictures are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great photos but I can really do without this weather!!! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  12. Snow somehow doesn't look right on those Mediterranean trees! We're expecting some tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Linda. I can imagine that was a real surprise when you woke up, especially after hearing the heavy rain in the night. As you know, the weather in England is so much milder than it was last year, when we had lots of snow at the beginning of December. It certainly is saving on the heating bills this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The snow is really a beautiful topic..it seems that is all I have been taking pictures of. Don't care to leave the house, if roads are slippery..so lately I have been stuck home. I just keep taking snow picture..even though this has been what they call a mild winter. Temps. have been pretty good, for Maine.
    Feb. the days are longer and the sun stronger..always a happy thought.
    Well, glad the snow was a dusting for you..looks lovely.
    xoCarolyn

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a pretty dusting! Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  16. As much as I love finally getting to enjoy a bit of snow, I hope it'll all be over with before carnevale. It won't be fun trudging through dirty snow and slush....that is if they don't cancel the festivities.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh how wonderful!! :-) My friend in Bologna wrote me that they have over a meter of snow and it's STILL falling! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. The first snow is beautiful-so white, so clean and so soft.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lindy Lou, it looks like just enough snow to make things pretty!
    Your images of it are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful landscape, Linda! So peaceful... :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lindy,
    I really love and enjoy your wonderful photos of snowy landscapes! Snow creates black and white world which seems to be an ink brush painting. I am glad to hear your daughter is enjoying skiing in Hokkaido, Japan.
    Today February 4th is the day when spring starts according to the old calendar in Japan. Although it is so cold and freezing all over Japan.
    Have a lovely weekend!
    keiko

    ReplyDelete
  22. the snow is pretty but enough is enough!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Bella la neve ! Isn't that how you say beautiful snow in Italian?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Well well, I find it hard to picture snow so far south in my beloved Italia! It seems Ireland has had the mildest winter in Europe in recent weeks. I hope it continues, as I am not a big fan of cold & snow. Though I have to say, your photos are beautiful. Particularly that top photo of the icicles!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it and enjoy reading them all. I now only respond to comments via email, so please make sure your comment is linked to your account, if you would like a response. Otherwise I will not be able to respond!