Welcome Everyone.

Welcome to News From Italy, my blog about our Italian Adventure. Although this blog has now ceased publication I will be continuing to blog and I am sincerely hoping that my many followers here will move with me to Travel Tales blog to follow my next adventures wherever they may take me. The links to my other blogs are:-


I look forward to keeping in touch with you via them, thanks once again for all the support you have given 'News From Italy' over the years.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

THANKSGIVING SONG - Brianna Haynes - "Thank You"

 

Although Thanksgiving is not actually celebrated officially in Italy by the Italians, They still have a word especially for Thanksgiving Day in the Italian language Giorno di Ringraziamento.  We have many American friends both here in Italy and spread all over the world that do celebrate this special day, you know who you are, so I dedicate this song to you all.

 

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

 

briannahaynesmusic

"THANK YOU" LYRICS


Orange and yellow autumn leaves
Falling from the colored trees
Outside of your thanksgiving feast
Family favorites in the air
A time to give, a time to share
The love you have is everywhere
To love, to life, to hope, to dreams
To all whose thankful hearts you bring
CHORUS
Thank You for the air I breathe
Thank You for the love I need
Thank You for the joy inside of me
You give us hope, You plant the seed
You harvest every heart in need
Thank You for the love you've given me
Special people by your side
Open fires and pumpkin pies
The years they catch you by surprise
The seasons joy is at your door
There's so much to be grateful for
So much you have and there is so much more
To faith to friends to joy to cheer
To celebrate another year
REPEAT CHORUS
All the beauty on this planet
Every moment took for granted
Here's the chance to get it right
All the blessings you've been handed
Every memory life makes candid
Here's to living here's to life
REPEAT CHORUS
You hold me up when I can reach
You give me strength when I'm too weak
Thank You for the love you've given me
Thank You

I was delighted when Brianna wrote to tell me she had written a new song, which turned out to be perfect for me to use here. "Thank You" is a new song (2010) written by Singer/Songwriter, Brianna Haynes and Composer/Pianist, Austin Haynes. The song is inspired by Thanksgiving and the wonderful family memories this time of year brings. This Thanksgiving song is both spiritual and emotional and is dedicated to everyone with a thankful heart this holiday season.

More details about Brianna, her music and where to obtain it from can be found on her Official Website, YouTube and Facebook

I first featured Brianna on News From Italy on Fathers Day with her beautiful song Through the Eyes of My Father particularly poignant to me as I dedicated that post to my beloved Dad whom I still miss terribly, even more so at this time of the year. 9 Aug 1924 - 3 Dec 2006.

So thankyou Brianna for making it possible for me to feature your music again today.

 

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE

20 comments:

  1. We don't celebrate Thanksgiving either but this is a beautiful post and a lovely song. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely song LindyLou, especially for today. We have so much to be thankful for in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't listen to the song from work, but the lyrics are lovely.
    Happy Thanksgiving Day to your American friends then..for us is just a day where our news pass on fat turkeys among the curiosities of the week :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful song, dear! Thank YOU for introducing me to it. Yes, so much to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving! What a lovely song! My Dad's birthday was this week...but he passed a few years ago. We always miss them though...no matter how many years go by! Hugs to you on this special day! Diane ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a treat! Happy Giorno di Ringraziamento!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful song...perfect to listen to as the turkey finishes cooking! Happy Day to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. And a Very Happy Thanksgiving to you, too - LLM!

    I'll post my pics after next week- we're doing ours on the 4th...
    Hugs, Leesa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello! Thanks so much for stopping by my post today and listing the things you are thankful for. It was nice to read the many blessings you have in your life!

    Great post today - it was great to see that you celebrated even though it's not a holiday in Italy. Thank you for sharing such a beautiful song- it was just perfect to feature today! I really enjoyed it and I am off to listen to the Father's Day song now...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, thank you for this! :-) I love the pictures of the family celebrating and cooking. Such lovely memories. :-) Hope you have a beautiful day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. A bit late but Happy Thanksgiving LindyLou.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amen! Waving to you over from Germany. Thanks for coming faithfully to my not-blog! Cheers, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! We don't celebrate Thanksgiving here, but thanks to blog friends, I am always very aware of it..

    Loved catching up on various things -the olive oil harvest, love locks, renovations etc!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for your comment on my blog, I am leaving for Bergamo in a few hours. I was hoping for two days without snow.....
    But it will be great anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing the article. I was really wondering and i get here and get amazed by the article. Hope that we will get more ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Diane - Thanks, you will have to try to find a way of improving your internet access in France so you can continue to enjoy! We do not have an ASDL landline here too rural but we have a satellite wireless connection thank goodness.

    Rambling Tart - It is a pleasure, glad you enjoyed it.

    Angela - Still hoping you may change your mind.

    Karen - Thanks for calling by to catch up on news.

    Maboe - Thankyou for calling by from Norway and commenting, enjoy Bergamo, with or without snow.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for sharing this lovely post today. I am glad while you were blog hopping, you hopped my way.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for the song! Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays and we had a nice, quiet day here to ourselves!!! And for once, Thomas' phone didn't ring all stinkin' day long with stupid soldiers, with their stupid problems!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much for the song and for the lyrics. I am preparing a lesson on Thanksgiving Day and have been looking for the lyrics of the song I liked and wanted to include in my lesson. I found it here! THank YOU again!
    Wishing you love, joy, happiness, all the best and a great Thanksgiving Day! A Day you will always be thankful for!
    Elena
    Kostroma
    Russia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it and enjoy reading them all. I now only respond to comments via email, so please make sure your comment is linked to your account, if you would like a response. Otherwise I will not be able to respond!