Welcome Everyone.

Welcome to News From Italy, my blog about our Italian Adventure. Although this blog has now ceased publication I will be continuing to blog and I am sincerely hoping that my many followers here will move with me to Travel Tales blog to follow my next adventures wherever they may take me. The links to my other blogs are:-


I look forward to keeping in touch with you via them, thanks once again for all the support you have given 'News From Italy' over the years.

Friday, March 4, 2011

Friday Photo – Feathered Friend – Seasonal Saturday - Sunday Song



The Green Woodpecker was photographed in our garden on March 2nd 2011.

This week I am joining in with a Link up hosted by La Bella Vita with this photo for Seasonal Saturday.
Her aim for her blog according to the heading is to provide an “Inspiration for Delicious and Beautiful Living”. The following is how she introduces herself in her own words  “Ciao! I live in the beautiful Carolina's on a peaceful country acreage surrounded by amazing natural beauty. I'm Italian from a long lineage of great cooks and serious gardeners for the freshest ingredients to cook with. Along with being a culinary enthusiast, I'm an organic gardener, quilter, equestrian, frequent traveller, and lover of life and beauty. . . thus the name "La Bella Vita" which translates into "The Beautiful Life". . . because if you look around you, it truly is a beautiful life! After visiting my blog, I hope you feel inspired to welcome more beauty and deliciousness into your life.”
La Bella Vita    Welcome to ‘News From Italy’ to the other participants, thankyou for calling by.

There will not be a new Sunday Song post this weekend but if you would like some Italian music to listen to I suggest  Sunday Song "Sittin' On The Dock Of The Bay"  that I first posted last Spring and I will be linking to both Sunday Song and Sunday Session. 




Uploaded by  on Nov 20, 2011

It is a duet sung by one of the artists I featured last week Emma Marrone who won second place at this years 61st Festival della Canzone Italiana San Remo 2011
Emma Marrone made a name for herself via the Italian Television Talent Show Amici which she won in March 2010, "Sittin' On The Dock Of The Bay" is the song she sung with Craig David during the semi-final of the show.
More Sunday Songs can be found by visiting Sunday Song at 5 Minutes Just for Me and Sunday Session at Doireallywannablog both Australian blogs.

Sunday Session

Have a good weekend everyone

31 comments:

  1. We have a green woodpecker that is a regular visitor to our Charente garden. I hear him a lot, see him occasionally, but have never managed to get a photo! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos. I have never seen a green woodpecker. Isn't it amazing the pleasure that can be had from seeing amazing birds. We have hummingbirds that keep us captivated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE hearing about your life over there. I have the occasional twang of jealousy that I'm not enjoying all the delights of Italy but in the most part it's pure pleasure reading about your life.

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always look forward to your music posts! Gives me songs to listen to that I might not find on my own! Enjoy your day...and the weekend ahead! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing bird. I've never seen one before. Great capture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never seen a woodpecker decked out in those colors before, Linda! What a handsome fellow he is. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved your collage of photos, Linda. We have woodpeckers in our garden, and it really is lovely to see them. Hope you're getting some warmer weather over there now! We have had bright sunshine for the past few days, which is wonderful, but with a bitterly cold wind.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the woodpecker! Never seen this one in the wild!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...what a wonderful bird and such great photos! I have such a hard time getting bird photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore Craig David, and love that song, you won me :D
    And it's amazing that you have a woodpecker, I've never seen one for real.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad I found you! I'm stopping by from Roz's blog, La Bella Vita, and I'm now following you. Can't wait to hear more about your adventures in Italy!
    Best wishes,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is the first time I see a green wood-pecker! It blends with the grass. How beautiful!
    For us here in Ohio, it would have to be a white wood-pecker, to blend with our ground!
    Oh gosh!! Why are we always the last ones to have Spring? I am so jealous of all the flower buds you showed us. Can't wait to see some around here.
    Have a good weekend Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awwww, I have never seen a Green Woodpecker, how beautiful it is :)
    Have a happy March!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved La Bella Vita and appreciate your linking her. Your music today was just beautiful. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have never seen a green woodpecker. Very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I enjoyed the video... she has such a strong voice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is my first time to see a green woodpecker! It's so colorful and beautiful.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Yoshi

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have never seen a green woodpecker before. He is something serious. I went back and looked at your last post and the daff's, quince, and camelias are gorgeous. I am really enjoying our daff's and should plant more next fall!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Patricia@ I have not seen a hummingbird, it is such fun being able to share our different experiences like this.

    Rambling Tart@ Different varieties in your part of the world then I guess.

    Caroline@ In an aviary though?

    Sunny@ Thankyou for the visit and comment.

    Kia@ He is found in most of Europe so you might get lucky, just have your camera handy.

    Welshcakes@ Do you see him around your way?

    Yoshi@ Delighted to be able to share with you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Bellissimo il Picchio verde!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great version of that song!

    And I've never seen green woodpeckers before, very cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I will have to look it up, but I do not think that green woodpeckers are in our area, but the head looks like many of our woodpeckers.
    If a good singer can make it to one of these types of shows they can suddenly rise to a new level. The exposure is like magic for many of their careers.

    ReplyDelete
  23. We get a green woodpecker in our garden - I love seeing them.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oooh, forgot to add that Sittin' On The Dock of the Bay was the song that was playing when my husband proposed to me so it always makes me happy whenever I hear it.

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have never seen a woodpecker! Cute birdie.
    Have a lovely happy merry Monday xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Dona@ Grazie he is very handsome isn't he.

    Thea@ It is a good duet, I agree and the green woodpecker only gets as far as western Asia from Europe I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What cute visitors you have sometimes :) I love seeing all the springtime themes on your blog, while we still have winter.

    ReplyDelete
  28. LOVE La Bella Vita ... and the photos of this woodpecker are so great ... how close were you? So great!

    ReplyDelete
  29. That bird doesn't even look real - so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it and enjoy reading them all. I now only respond to comments via email, so please make sure your comment is linked to your account, if you would like a response. Otherwise I will not be able to respond!