Welcome Everyone.

Welcome to News From Italy, my blog about our Italian Adventure. Although this blog has now ceased publication I will be continuing to blog and I am sincerely hoping that my many followers here will move with me to Travel Tales blog to follow my next adventures wherever they may take me. The links to my other blogs are:-


I look forward to keeping in touch with you via them, thanks once again for all the support you have given 'News From Italy' over the years.

Friday, March 26, 2010

Friday Foto

A new idea and what I hope will become a regular post for me.

I have been thinking a lot about far away family and friends over the past few days for a number of reasons, a major one our recent return from Hong Kong.

A friends post on her Blog Chocolate Brick today made me recall what a comfort cats can be. So with her permission I am not only using her Friday Foto idea but using the same theme as her this week with this gorgeous photo of our daughters cat Mei Lei.  I hope this is the right spelling?



8 comments:

  1. ohhh so similar to our little Whiskers.

    But probably much better behaved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda.. the lady from Chocolate Brick came to my blog too! Another new reader.. :-)

    Cats are a great comfort, my husband is more the lover of cats than me, but I grew to love ours, unfortunately we lost one in 2004 and then the brother last year. My husband was beside himself..and the fact that we had to make the decision about the brother cat, was too emotional.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Linda for the link back to my blog, and what a gorgeous pussy cat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of Friday Foto and your picture is cute! I look forward to seeing what you do next week!

    Best wishes for a wonderful weekend,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to read all of your blogs, its magical to read all about your adventures and see all of the photos they really make me feel i have experienced a part of life that i would never be able to without you. I love Mei Lei what gorgeous eyes.

    I have been looking at your photos this morning, there is so much more to Hong Kong than i could ever have imagined.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your comments, which I do so appreciate.
    Mei Lei is a rescue cat, so not sure of her exact age, maybe about eighteen months, although she behaves like a kitten. Very loving and gorgeous.

    Our daughter is delighted to have a cat in her life again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful kitty! I want to bring him home and let him sleep on my couch, he looks so soft and fluffy. My husband is allergic to cats and I miss having them. Thank you for dropping in over at Yoga Gal! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katie - Good to see you here and I appreciate your commenting. That is a shame about your husband's allergy, we always had cats when we lived in the UK so I understand you missing them. We are pleased our daughters now both have cats :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it and enjoy reading them all. I now only respond to comments via email, so please make sure your comment is linked to your account, if you would like a response. Otherwise I will not be able to respond!