Welcome Everyone.

Welcome to News From Italy, my blog about our Italian Adventure. Although this blog has now ceased publication I will be continuing to blog and I am sincerely hoping that my many followers here will move with me to Travel Tales blog to follow my next adventures wherever they may take me. The links to my other blogs are:-


I look forward to keeping in touch with you via them, thanks once again for all the support you have given 'News From Italy' over the years.

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Sunday, Today we can Celebrate, not only The Resurrection but also The Easter Egg, Uova di Pasqua.


Easter
Resurrected Jesus and Mary Magdalene, early 1900s Bible Card illustration
Observed by Christians
Significance
Celebrates the resurrection of
Jesus
Celebrations
Religious (church) services, festive family meals,
Easter egg hunts and gift-giving

As it is Easter I am replacing my normal Sunday Song posting with this one.  I hope you are all having a lovely Easter Sunday however you may be spending it. 
My lovely husband presented me with this Easter Egg this morning. I love dark chocolate and of course we all know nowadays that a small piece every day is good for the heart!






Yesterday afternoon we received a visit from one of the ladies that arranges flowers in the church at Marta. Unbeknown to us it has been a tradition for many years that the Japonica in our garden has provided a bundle of branches for decorating the church in Marta for Easter Sunday. Unfortunately this lady was unwell last year and was unable to get here, hence the first we knew of this was yesterday. A tradition we are more than happy to help continue. When she arrived and introduced herself, she kept asking if it was ok if she cut some of the 'rosa 'fiori' 'pink flowers' for the church. We soon realised that the Japonica was the plant she was referring to.


We are on our own again this year, having expected my sister and her husband to be here, but various circumstances changed the plans. Never mind we have once again been invited next door to have Easter Sunday, lunch and supper with our wonderful neighbours click here some readers will already know about them and their extreme kindness. 





This is the Easter Basket we are giving our hosts today, full of goodies enjoyed at this time of the year including one of the special cakes of which there are many to choose from. this one is a 'Columba' often baked in the shape of a dove it signifies Peace.

Traditional Columba Cake
colomba cake


 



I  leave you today with this beautifully decorated shop window at The FIDA coffee
shop in Marta decorated for Easter.   One of my favourite shops in Marta, that you
can learn more about here

5 comments:

  1. Happy Easter Linda. I hope you have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mouth is watering! Look at all of those yummy Easter goodies. I hope that you have a fantastic day.

    Blessings and best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't have too much to eat! Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter to you -- thank you so much for stopping by Finding Beauty-- would love it if you would join in.

    You certainly have a lovely blog and wonderful perspecitive.

    Some day my dream is to spend some time in Italy :)

    Happy weekend.

    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankyou all for your Easter greetings,despite the weather we had an enjoyable weekend and I hope you all did as well.

    Caludia - I will take another look at Finding Beauty. I hope reading my Blog encourages you to follow your dream :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it and enjoy reading them all. I now only respond to comments via email, so please make sure your comment is linked to your account, if you would like a response. Otherwise I will not be able to respond!