Welcome Everyone.

Welcome to News From Italy, my blog about our Italian Adventure. Although this blog has now ceased publication I will be continuing to blog and I am sincerely hoping that my many followers here will move with me to Travel Tales blog to follow my next adventures wherever they may take me. The links to my other blogs are:-


I look forward to keeping in touch with you via them, thanks once again for all the support you have given 'News From Italy' over the years.

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Ferrogosto Weekend Part Two Sunday





On Sunday evening after supper we met up with friends in the main piazza of Montefiascone centro storico at 9pm. It was the last night of the Citta di Montefiascone’s 51st Fiera del Vino which takes place the first two weeks in August every year.
Our friends took us to sample the wine at some of their favourite cantinas. We found a rosso dolce that I particularly liked from an agricola based nearby in Gradoli, so maybe we will pay a visit there sometime soon.
The entertainment for the last evening of the Fiera del Vino was provided by ‘The Pink Puffers Marching Brass Band’ whom I though were brilliant fun. I have since joined their Fan page on Facebook and visited their website and would love to attend a concert if they ever perform locally enough. This week they are performing in Roma but we have other commitments so maybe another time. If they had such Bands in the UK it is just the sort of thing I can imagine Aimee becoming involved in with her trumpet!!
In all a very pleasant evening which rounded off the weekend nicely.

Do remember that if you want to see more photos I post many more on my Facebook and Flickr Profiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it and enjoy reading them all. I now only respond to comments via email, so please make sure your comment is linked to your account, if you would like a response. Otherwise I will not be able to respond!