Welcome Everyone.

Welcome to News From Italy, my blog about our Italian Adventure. Although this blog has now ceased publication I will be continuing to blog and I am sincerely hoping that my many followers here will move with me to Travel Tales blog to follow my next adventures wherever they may take me. The links to my other blogs are:-


I look forward to keeping in touch with you via them, thanks once again for all the support you have given 'News From Italy' over the years.

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Our Latest Visitors


A wonderful few days were over far too quickly with our good friends John and Tricia driving down to spend sometime with us as part of a short Swiss, Italian and French touring holiday. We had been really looking forward to seeing them both and welcoming them to our new home. We value their opinion and are pleased to report that they approve! They know us well enough to be able to comment if they had any doubts about us having done the right thing taking on our renovation project.

We chilled out with them for the time they were with us with plenty of chat, drinking and eating.
Visits to Marta, Capodimonte, Montefiascone and Viterbo were fitted in although it was far too hot to do much apart from walks around the centro storico’s, stopping for essential drinks!
It is at times like this that I miss both the pool and hot tub that we had at La Fenice but at least we are only five minutes from the Lago di Bolsena and enjoyed a couple of cooling swims while they were here. The water is very inviting at around 28C, we used to struggle to get our pool much above that!
Apart from a BBQ on the first evening here at Campo delle Rose we ate out at some of our favourite restaurants, Il Pirata, Il Corvo and the Enoteca Wine Bar Il Velo in Montefiascone where we met up with our friends Viv and Nick.

All too soon it was time for John and Tricia to head north again homeward bound via a few days at Lago di Maggiore. Love them and miss them but really enjoyed spending quality time together.

More photos can be viewed on my page at www.flickr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it and enjoy reading them all. I now only respond to comments via email, so please make sure your comment is linked to your account, if you would like a response. Otherwise I will not be able to respond!