Welcome Everyone.

Welcome to News From Italy, my blog about our Italian Adventure. Although this blog has now ceased publication I will be continuing to blog and I am sincerely hoping that my many followers here will move with me to Travel Tales blog to follow my next adventures wherever they may take me. The links to my other blogs are:-


I look forward to keeping in touch with you via them, thanks once again for all the support you have given 'News From Italy' over the years.

Friday, June 25, 2010

Friday Foto - Olive Blossom

 

 

Just think that by the end of October we will be harvesting olives produced from this blossom.

I have been invited to become a contributor to Beautiful World a blog dedicated to photographs of beautiful things and I am going to use this photograph as my first post there today. I hope you will find a minute or two to visit this site which is a new blog collective that started out earlier this month.  It is a site for the contributors to post their own photographs of things that they personally consider beautiful in this world.

As we all know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so you will have to let us know if you agree or not.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful picture. I would love an olive tree but we are too cold for them around here. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen blossom on an olive tree before, I love the texture of the olive leaves.

    Congratulations on your invitation to be a contributor, I can see why you have been invited.

    Have a lovely weekend,
    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane - They are beautiful trees I especially like the shapes of the very old ones, of which we are lucky enough to have some. I was delighted to see you have visited Beautiful World, thankyou.

    JadeLD - Thankyou, it is fun learning all these new titbits of info via blogs isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good to meet you and for us to be able to share your photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fire Byrd - I am delighted to have made contact with you and am looking forward to sharing your collective blog project with you. Fun times.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am always amazed at those miniature bulbs exploding in flowers and then, months later, becoming olives. I am an olive oil adorer, and every year I attend the olive press at my friends' frantoio religiously. You are so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eleonora - I am always amazed at just how quickly the olives start to appear! Yes we are lucky there is something rather special about producing your own olive oil.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it and enjoy reading them all. I now only respond to comments via email, so please make sure your comment is linked to your account, if you would like a response. Otherwise I will not be able to respond!