Welcome Everyone.

Welcome to News From Italy, my blog about our Italian Adventure. Although this blog has now ceased publication I will be continuing to blog and I am sincerely hoping that my many followers here will move with me to Travel Tales blog to follow my next adventures wherever they may take me. The links to my other blogs are:-


I look forward to keeping in touch with you via them, thanks once again for all the support you have given 'News From Italy' over the years.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sunday Song - Lorenzo Jovanotti

 

As promised on the Sunday song post for Buon Ferragosto I have been featuring each artist individually over the last few weeks. First I featured Sergio Cammariere then last week Gianni Morandi and last but not least this week it is the turn of  Lorenzo Jovanotti.

Lorenzo Jovanotti a popular Italian singer, songwriter whose real name is Lorenzo Cherubini was born in Rome, Italy on 27th of September 1966.

Courtesy of musicroom

The song I have chosen for this week's Sunday Song selection is Punto featuring Sergio Mendes a Brazilian musician on keyboard.

Courtesy of jobijobi93

Lyrics to Punto

Vorrei poterti dare quello che mi manca
Vorrei poterti dire quello che non so
Vorrei che questa pagina tornasse bianca
Per scriverci
Ti amo...punto.
Vorrei che questa pagina tornasse bianca
Per scriverci
Ti amo...punto.
Benedetta la luce così ti posso guardare
Coprirla con la camicia quando facciamo l'amore
E benedetta autostrada
Specialmente di notte
Che quando guido solo ascolto musica
E ti penso ti penso
E prima o poi arrivo
E se stai ancora dormendo mi piace anche di più
Che ti sveglio ti bacio e poi ti riaddormenti
Ma non subito però solo dopo un pò
Vorrei poterti dare quello che mi manca
Vorrei poterti dire quello che non so
Vorrei che questa pagina tornasse bianca
Per scriverci
Ti amo...punto.
Vorrei che questa pagina tornasse bianca
Per scriverci
Ti amo...punto.
Benedetto ritardo che ci ha fatto incontrare
Il giorno in cui avrei dovuto essere puntuale
Loro aspettano ancora ma io ho cambiato programma
Da quando nella vita ci sei tu
E ti scappo e ti inseguo
E poi ci raggiungiamo
E' un tango inesorabile la nostra
Melodia
Vorrei poterti dare quello che mi manca
Vorrei poterti dire quello che non so
Vorrei che questa pagina tornasse bianca
Per scriverci
Ti amo...punto.
Vorrei che questa pagina tornasse bianca
Per scriverci
Ti amo...punto.
Benedetta la rosa specialmente le spine
Che fanno in modo di tenerla in mano con attenzione
Perchè le cose più belle stanno in equilibrio
Così come la storia di noi due
Che profuma e che punge
E non ci da mai tregua
A meno che non lo scegliamo noi
E ti scappo e ti inseguo
E poi ci raggiungiamo
E' un tango inesorabile la nostra
Melodia
Vorrei poterti dare quello che mi manca
Vorrei poterti dire quello che non so
Vorrei che questa pagina tornasse bianca
Per scriveci
Ti amo...punto.
Vorrei che questa pagina tornasse bianca
Per scriverci
Ti amo...punto.
Vorrei che questa pagina tornasse bianca
Per scriverci
Ti amo...punto.
Vorrei che questa pagina tornasse bianca
Per scriverci
Ti amo...punto.
Vorrei che questa pagina tornasse bianca
Per scriverci
Ti amo...punto.
Vorrei che questa pagina tornasse bianca
Per scriverci
Ti amo...punto.

 

Still interested in learning more about the artist Jovanotti, then here is a list of sites worth visiting

Jovanotti - Wikipedia          Jovanotti - MySpace            Jovanotti - Facebook

 

More Sunday Songs can be found by visiting 5 Minutes Just for Me

Buono Domenica Tutti

16 comments:

  1. I always seem to catch up with you on Sundays, lol! What a lovely day to be on your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much I love Jovanotti, but I didn't know this song, thanks for sharing.
    My favorite one is A Te, do you know it?
    Have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ciao!!! Thank you for stopping by!! I am now following you. Your blog is wonderful!! I invite you to follow me if interested & if you want to participate in the Weekend Blog Hop I'm hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good to meet you too!! Thank you for following & participating!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh i love jovanotti..."A Te" is one of my favorites, and reminds me of when we lived in Italy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonjour Lindy. Your detailed account of the dishwasher disaster is disturbingly entertaining, I really hope it gets sorted soon ;-) When I have a bit of time between packing boxes, I'll have a listen to "the cherub" (no disrespect, I just liked his name), but right now I have to head back to todays tasks - packing and ironing :-(

    Thanks for your comment by the way, does it help if I tell you that all the pages were blank, they were in fact note books? :-D Love from London x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Listening to this music makes me want to be on the beach somewhere watching the waves while sitting on a cozy blanket. It actulaly makes me think about some of my super vacations and it makes me want to go somewhere again. I love your choices of music. Have a great day!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like this! It would be awesome music for a cookout or casual evening. It makes me want to dance. I'm going to see if I can find a CD on Amazon or somewhere. (Sergio Mendes still rocks.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jeannie - Thankyou :) Are you enjoying Italian music?
    Alessandra - I most certainly do and have sent you a link already to that one.
    Sweet Life - Welcome to my blog and thankyou for your kind words, I look forward to getting to know you via your blog.
    erin - you are the second person whose fav is A Te, one for another time maybe. :)
    Mademoselle P : no further forward with D/W, no it makes no difference just the whole concept was unappealing! Good luck with packing and ironing, the latter chore I do listening to music such as Jovanotti etc.
    Mama Hen - so pleased you are enjoying relaxing listening to my choices.
    Mami - Agree :)
    citymouse - Dance on and try itunes :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have enjoyed learning about popular Italian musicians from your blog. When I ask my cousins in Italy who their favorite singers are, they always tell me American groups! The first Italian popular singer I found was Alex Britti and I wore his CD out trying to understand the words. You are correct that listening to Italian lyrics does help to learning the language. I also gives me a smile to realize that some translated lyrics are not correct. Call me smug! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Patricia - you are right of course the Italians are very fond of English language popular music and a lot is played here!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous! I agree that it would be fabulous music to play at a dinner party...Italian food and wine must be served of course!

    He is also another handsome Italian man...not as gorgeous as my favourite Italian, Alessandro Safina, though!

    Thanks for linking up Linda and I am sorry it has taken so long to visit. Only one more week left of my teaching contract and then life will be back to normal again.

    Best wishes always,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Natasha - An Italian themed dinner party sounds good to me, on my way now, already dreading winter here. I enjoy linking up and have something rather different from my usual choices lined up for this Sunday. I expect you will be just as busy and wondering how you ever found time to go to work.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I missed this one :) I must come back with hubby, he is a big fan of Jovanotti. Little by little I will try to have a look at all your "Sunday Song" entry. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kia - Thankyou, I am glad you are enjoying them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it and enjoy reading them all. I now only respond to comments via email, so please make sure your comment is linked to your account, if you would like a response. Otherwise I will not be able to respond!