Welcome Everyone.

Welcome to News From Italy, my blog about our Italian Adventure. Although this blog has now ceased publication I will be continuing to blog and I am sincerely hoping that my many followers here will move with me to Travel Tales blog to follow my next adventures wherever they may take me. The links to my other blogs are:-


I look forward to keeping in touch with you via them, thanks once again for all the support you have given 'News From Italy' over the years.

Friday, May 14, 2010

Friday Foto - What is this?

 

 

 

 

Whilst gardening recently I came across a couple of these, most peculiar!  Any ideas what it is please? A fungus of some description maybe but what is it called, does anyone know. I have been unable to find out any information from books or the internet.

10 comments:

  1. OMG Linda!!!

    That's the WEIRDEST thing EVER!!! At first, I thought it was the insides of a watermelon cut up in a strange way!! I have absolutely NO idea whatsoever.. Maybe someone will know.. but definitely drop me a line if you find out...
    Have a great weekend...
    Leesa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word, that looks creepy! I wonder what it could be?? That rain has really done some funny things to your garden I think!

    Best wishes for a dry and happy weekend,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting Linda. I have no idea; I hope someone can help you out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow - that is definitely bizarre! I've never seen anything like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with another commenter- I almost thought it was a watermelon. So weird!

    Thanks for stopping by my SITS day on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a look here:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clathrus_ruber

    I have to say I think that beats my sauerkraut...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone and welcome Shell! Congratulations to Anne and Leesa who did all the work for me while I was out this morning! Sorry Deborah they beat you to it, but I think you have already found that out. Oh yes your sauerkraut.
    I am now going to post the update before going out to celebrate at the Festa. Fireworks this evening if it stops raining!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No idea! I thought it was water melon too, at first.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry, can't help. It looks like an alien invader..... M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maggie, it does rather doesn't it. I have sent you the link to the answer.

    WL - Yes a certain resemblance I suppose in miniature.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it and enjoy reading them all. I now only respond to comments via email, so please make sure your comment is linked to your account, if you would like a response. Otherwise I will not be able to respond!