Welcome Everyone.

Welcome to News From Italy, my blog about our Italian Adventure. Although this blog has now ceased publication I will be continuing to blog and I am sincerely hoping that my many followers here will move with me to Travel Tales blog to follow my next adventures wherever they may take me. The links to my other blogs are:-


I look forward to keeping in touch with you via them, thanks once again for all the support you have given 'News From Italy' over the years.

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Our Garden in April - Il Nostro Giardino in Aprile

 

 

The garden has probably been at its most attractive this month, although it is something we will be working on to try and improve so that we have some colour somewhere in the garden throughout the year.

It has been very difficult to choose just a small selection of photos for you to see this month. If you are a keen gardener, or maybe just interested anyway, I invite you to look at my full selection of photos taken in the garden so far this year by clicking on this blue link.  Our Garden April 2010

These are a few of my favourites from this month. I also used some from this album for my Friday Fotos this month, Magnolia, Apricot Blossom and Tulips

 

 

 

 

 

It is May 1st Labour Day or Festa dei Lavoratori and is a public holiday so I intend to relax and enjoy our garden and the sunshine while it lasts as rain is forecast for tomorrow.

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow !!

    I only have the lillacs in bloom, I bought them as teeny tiny dirt cheapo "on sale" items four years agao, and they looked like twipgs for a couple of years. Now they are bigger than us and for the first time this year were just smothered in flowers which let off an amazing perfume night and day for the last two weeks. I have pleanty of stuff offering colour in autumn and winter, but so little for spring. This must be addressed !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers are stunning, you are so very lucky to have such established plants.

    I would as you, relax and enjoy if they were in my garden.
    Hope you are both well

    allison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am speechless, those flowers are breathtaking! I can smell them...

    Auguri for tomorrow and enjoy the perfumed beauty around you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonjour, those photos are beautiful! I cannot believe it's so very grey and rainy here... Have a lovely weekend, Love from London x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous photos! And they are so clear and crisp! Your garden must be lovely. Blossom has been wonderful here this year - apparently due to the foul winter. So there are compensations for all that snow and aggravation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks ladies for your comments and compliments. The weather has been foul here for the last few days and the rain is ruining all the beautiful colours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Thanks for educating me on wisteria!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it and enjoy reading them all. I now only respond to comments via email, so please make sure your comment is linked to your account, if you would like a response. Otherwise I will not be able to respond!