Welcome Everyone.

Welcome to News From Italy, my blog about our Italian Adventure. Although this blog has now ceased publication I will be continuing to blog and I am sincerely hoping that my many followers here will move with me to Travel Tales blog to follow my next adventures wherever they may take me. The links to my other blogs are:-


I look forward to keeping in touch with you via them, thanks once again for all the support you have given 'News From Italy' over the years.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Marta Lakeside All Change Update Number Two - Festa della Madonna del Monte minus one day!

 

 

If you have read my previous posts on this subject you will understand the significance of this one. If not a quick catch up can be made by checking out the two previous posts on the subject. Marta lakeside all change and Update Number One.

Unfortunately the unusual amount of rain we have had over the past couple of weeks has meant that there was no way the work to the lakeside area was ever going to be completed for May 14th. Never mind they had a jolly good try and were still working when I took these photographs on Thursday morning.

014

023

024

While these workmen had no hope of making any useful contribution to the Festa, like parking places, the rest of the town was a hive of industry in preparation for the big day on Friday.  The traditional broom and flags were appearing everywhere, whilst the locals were keeping a close eye on the weather forecast, which was not good.

 

006

010

013

016 019

022

 

As always if you are interested in looking at more photos of the preparations they can be viewed by clicking on the blue link.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mctumble/sets/72157623941658229/

7 comments:

  1. I'm sending "no more rain" thinkings your way.

    Which should be right on the money cos they did say that the rolling clouds should leave us alone this week.

    Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well they tried! But it looks as if there is still some way to go. But why don't we here have more festas? I suppose it might be because we are not a catholic country? Anyway, there should be more of it!!! Weather here rather iffy - still not warm and now gone greyish with spots of rain.....Despite this, I need to get some plants in! xxxMaggie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh you live in a beautiful spot :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a shame about the work, but I'm sure the Italian spirit will make up for it and I really like those flags, they just add a certain "grandeur" to the beautiful setting. Lovely picutures. Love from London x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are lucky to live in a place that takes pride in their town, at least they tried to make the improvements in time.. here NO celebrations, NO Festivals, and No work done on time...!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah, Maggie, Rachel and Mademoiselle P - Well it continued to rain all weekend. Despite rain for the first time in 29 years the celebrations went ahead.
    Thanks Rachel and welcome, hope to see you here again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anne - The Italians still take a great pride in their towns and villages, something that has long since disappeared in the UK sadly :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it and enjoy reading them all. I now only respond to comments via email, so please make sure your comment is linked to your account, if you would like a response. Otherwise I will not be able to respond!